In from The IRSA
The 2016 versions of the Class rules and certification material are posted for viewing on the IRSA website.
- Marblehead http://www.radiosailing.org/classes/marblehead/class-rules
- Ten Rater http://www.radiosailing.org/classes/tenrater/class-rules
- A Class http://www.radiosailing.org/classes/a-class/class-rules
There are also Guidance Notes designed to assist owners understand the how the revised rules will affect them. By the way, in almost all cases it will not affect them but please read the documents anyway. There is a long version and a short form version that covers the important points in brief.
- Guidance Notes to Owners – Long version
- Guidance Notes to Owners – Short version
And there are Guidance Notes designed to assist Official Measurers and Certification Authorities understand how the revised class rules will affect them.
- Guidance Notes to OM & CAs
This material is a useful resource for designers, boat builders, sail makers, measurers and owners. It would be appreciated if its presence and content could be made more widely known either by direct links from the IRSA DNM’s own websites or from other links. Or just by forwarding this message to those who may benefit from hearing this.
Over the last 2 years the IRSA website has been fully revised and now contains a large amount of information of value to the wider sport of rc sailing. Thanks go to Henning Faas, the IRSA Publicity Officer, for making great progress on this front. Amongst the contents are fully updated sections (one for each international class) covering technical material including the following:
- Class rules http://www.radiosailing.org/classes
- Certification material
- Questions and Answers http://www.radiosailing.org/about/tc-committee/question-answers
- International Measurer’s Manual http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/IMManual2013-%5B14649%5D.pdf
- Previous versions of the class rules
The Technical Committee is particularly keen to promote the Q&A section as this gives the opportunity to cover those common questions that measurers and owners may have and which can be easily answered.
Please feel free to pose your questions about class rules or measurement matters – the answer will be of value to others as well as to you.