The clubs benefit from membership of the MYA as follows:-
- Being part of a national body that governs and regulates model yacht sailing
- Having the support through its membership of the Association and of the RYA in the event of any disputes locally.
- Public liability insurance cover for its affiliated members .
- National publicity and attendance at exhibitions in order to promote the sport.
- Technical and rules advice.
- Organisation of and running of national and international events for the benefit of the club members.
- Access to the MYA web site which contains a wealth of knowledge to assist clubs in race management, legal obligations etc.
Affiliated Club Members
The individual member who affiliates through a club benefits as follows:-
- Eligibility to enter national and international sailing events.
- Public liability insurance cover.
- Personal copy of the MYA Year book which contains contact details of all affiliated clubs and extensive listing of national and club events throughout the year.
- Individual access to the members area of the MYA web site.
- All new members receive a Welcome to the MYA booklet providing useful information to new to the sport model yachtsmen.
- Access to recognised technical officers to help with registration of boats within classes and the official measurement of boats within those classes.