There is a mistake in the Yearbook, so please note the change of day from 22nd October to 29th October.
Notice of Race for the IOM Vancouver Cup Metropolitan & Southern District Championship Round 4, 29th September 2019 to be held at Princes Park, Eastbourne
Host Club: Eastbourne and District Model Yacht Club
1. Event Schedule
29th September 2019. Registration at EDMYC clubhouse from 8.30am – 9.30am Briefing at 09.45 hours. Racing will commence not less than 15 minutes following briefing. No race will start after 16.00hours. Any race in progress at 16.30 hours will be abandoned.
2. Location – Princes Park, Wartling Road, Eastbourne BN22 7PR.
3. Entry and Eligibility
Entry is open to all members of MYA affiliated Clubs and to members of foreign clubs affiliated to a Delegated National Member of IRSA. Enter using the on line entry form on the EDMYC site at https://edmyc.org.uk/event/ms-iom-district-championship-vancouver-cup/, or alternatively by phone to Jim Baldwin EDMYC Racing Secretary – 07786 715969.
Postal entries should be sent to :-
Jim Baldwin EDMYC Racing Secretary
4 Pepys Walk
Closing date for entries is Wednesday 25th September 2019. After the closing date late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the club and may incur an additional late entry fee.
4. Entry Fees – Event entry fee is £5.00 to be paid at registration.
5. Sailing Instructions – The event will be governed by:-
• Racing Rules of Sailing as amended by RRS Appendix E
• Equipment Rules of Sailing
• MYA Standard Sailing Instructions
• International One Metre Class Rules
• HMS 2016.
The Race Officer reserves the right to use observers drawn from the competitors.
A protest committee will be appointed by the Race Committee to hear any protests arising from the event and will comprise of competitors not involved in the relevant heat in which the incident is alleged to have occurred.
6. Entry List, Sail Numbers and Frequency Allocation. – will be displayed on the race management notice board and the club website NOR page for this event. Competitors will be notified of necessary changes in the event of a clash of sail numbers.
7. Parking – On road parking is available on Wartling Road.
8. Accomodation – see the link www.visiteastbourne.com
9. Refreshments – Hot and cold refreshments will be available at the clubhouse.
10. Disclaimer – No medical cover is provided or implied by the Model Yachting Association or Eastbourne & District MYC. All competitors and officials participate entirely at their own risk to person and property. By completing the online entry form and providing emergency contact details you acknowledge acceptance of this disclaimer.
Note – Please advise of any known medical conditions (e.g. pacemaker, diabetes, allergies etc.) that may affect you. This information is vital for first responders to ensure you receive the correct treatment in the event of an incident.
General Information. – Princes Park Lake is a salt water venue, a fresh water hose will be provided to wash off yachts. Competitors are encouraged to use hand washing facilities provided.
If you have any further queries please contact John Henderson 07759 876331. Alternatively, please make contact using the web email facility to be found on the club website at