If you are travelling to Blue Lagoon, please be aware that currently (4th March) the A19 is closed at Eggborough and may stay closed for some time due to flood damage. Best approaches to Blue Lagoon are either from J34 on the M62 via Whitley village or from the A1, turning off for Darrington, just south of Ferrybridge
Notice of Race – IOM Open A Round of the Northern District Winter Series at Blue Lagoon, Sunday 8th March 2020
1. Event Schedule: Site Opens 9.00am. Registration from 09.15.
Skippers’ Briefing 10.15
Racing will commence after Briefing at 10.30. No race will start after 15.00 and any race not completed by 15.45 will be abandoned.
2. Location: Blue Lagoon, Womersley, DN6 9BB.
The Lake is approximately 3 miles from M62 Junction 34
3. Entry Fees: Event entry fees are £5.00 payable on the day at Registration.
4. Sailing Instructions: This event will be run under the current version of the Racing Rules of Sailing and the MYA SSI’s. The Race Officer reserves the right to use observers drawn from the competitors.
5. Refreshments: A lunch of soup and a hot or cold sandwich is available for £5.00 but must be pre booked. Other sandwiches, breakfasts and hot or cold drinks can be ordered on the day
6. Entries: On the day
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org 7. Facilities:
- There is plenty of car parking available at the sailing venue and toilet facilities on site. The venue offers good launching and retrieval.
- If you have any further queries, please contact Joanne Sharpe Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 07812 343437