skip to Main Content

Coronavirus and Model Yachting – Update No 1

Please read this message from John Owen, SD Chairman, on behalf of the MYA-SD Committee:-

Yesterday, new government medical advice was issued clearly stating that, “… everyone in the UK should avoid “non-essential” travel for the next 12 weeks.”
  1. Against this background, the MYA-SD Committee and the relevant host clubs have taken the decision to postpone MYA-SD IOM Travellers 1 (hosted by Ayr Bay) and Travellers 2 (hosted by Levenhall). 
    • If possible, these will be re-arranged for later in the year. 
    • It might mean that venues, host clubs, etc. will require adjustment but those future decisions will depend on prevailing conditions and government advice.
    • Other events are currently scheduled in early June and the MYA-SD Committee will continue to actively consider arrangements in light of the prevailing conditions and government advice.
  2. MYA-SD club committees and individual members are advised to carefully consider their sailing activities to ensure the health of all their members.
Please look after yourselves and each other. 
Keep well
Keep up to date with the latest developments and news on the MYA website and forum.
Back To Top
×Close search