Jump to content

Trevor

Forum Member
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • First Name
    Trevor
  • Last Name
    Judd

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks for that. I found a you tube vid with a step through. I had been in the right place but hadn't changed the values by enough to make the servo move! I am building an RC yacht rescue boat that needs three channels for the "jet drive", two for the electric ducted fan (backup propulsion and artificial wind) and the sixth for the hand that grabs the shroud! Cheers Trevor
  2. When I plug the servo into AUX (Channel 6) on the RX it moves a little so I know it is active but I can't figure out how to control it from the TX! Nothing in the manual that I can see. Cheers Trevor
  3. Hi Darin. That's where it is at the moment so the long aerial can go down the aerial tube that's just under the deck.
  4. Hi FRA Not sure the drain hole is a good idea, at least not on mine as the pot is only just off the keel! I did contemplate not having a pot, velcroing the (sealed) battery to the keel (makes it adjustable ballast) and mounting the RX (waterproof anyway) on top. Cheers Trevor
  5. Hi Crashard Yes the DX6i does have a comprehensive throttle curve function but only if you are using the Helicopter programs! One of the first programming steps is to choose which Model Type, ACRO or HELI. That does beg the question as to whether Helicopter mode will work for sailing. If I get desperate for more subtle control I might try that! Cheers Trevor
  6. OK now I've got Exponential set up on the Rudder and I've also discovered the dual rate/expo switch so I have 30% set on position 0 and 60% on 1 so I can experiment. Sadly the sheets are on the Throttle channel which has no exponential facility!
  7. Thanks Ian Yes that makes sense. Thinking in aircraft logic Ailerons might want to move the same up as down as they work in opposite directions but Elevators might want to go down less than up. I can see why the default is 100%. If you needed to go more than 125% you perhaps need a different servo arm? I had thought of using the exponential feature on the rudder so might experiment with both later on. Cheers Trevor
  8. I am familiar with radio control from having built and used analog systems but now I'm puzzled. I've recently acquired a DX6i and while the sizeable manual is full of stuff it is not at all clear on some topics. I am slowly getting to grips with this digital system but still don't get why some channels can be adjusted from 0% to 125% but have a default setting of 100%. Is this to do with their use on aircraft? Has anyone written a book that explains more about RC and in particular the Spektrum as applied to sailing? Cheers Trevor
  9. Hi. I'm new to RC sailing and I've recently acquired an ISIS dating from about 2006 and wondered if there was any documentation on setup or any drawings with dimensions etc. I am getting lots of advice from club members but some of it is contradictory or not logical. Cheers Trevor
  10. Thanks Eric that's the name I couldn't remember! Cheers Trevor
  11. Saw some very nice cradles in use this morning but can't remember where any of them came from! Would rather spend my time sailing rather than making one but have so far drawn a blank finding a supplier. Any suggestions? Cheers Trevor
  12. My idea of cable entry from the bottom was a non starter as the pot rests on the keel! A 9mm strain relief grommet will just take a lubricated servo plug. With the neck inside the pot I could just squeeze the assembly with three cables, through the deck recess. The grommet neck is filled with blu tak. Pot sealed to deck with silicone without sanding as it will have to come out if I need to change a servo. May put a screw in if it turns too much although the aerial tube is glassed into the hull and protrudes into the pot so may act as a key. Can't see it leaking much even if the silicone doesn't stick. Cheers Trevor
  13. Thanks for that Frayz. Part of my problem was that the holes had blu tac but it was so dried up that most of it had fallen out!
  14. I'm replacing my pot as it has gone brittle. The one that came out had a number of holes in the sides for the various leads but I'm thinking one in the bottom with grommet and sealant would be better. Slightly off centre to allow for the battery to rest on the bottom. There will be one small hole near the top as that's where the aerial tube is glassed in. Is this the right way to do it or do you have any better ideas. Cheers Trevor
  15. So far so good. Due to the difficulty of accessing the top of the tube under the deck I made a small collar to stop the tube pulling through the deck and added epoxy during assembly. Having drilled the bottom the bottom of the tube I put a long pin through that was then glassed to the keel area in the same way other fittings are fixed. Don't think that's coming out anytime soon! Thanks for your help. Cheers Trevor
×
×
  • Create New...