Romanza No4

Brianq53

Hi,

Romanza No4 now has a fully planked plug with final finishing planned for this weekend. I plan to cast the carbon shell the following weekend all being well. I am aiming for the Bourneville meet in March all being well, hoping to swell the 6m ranks.

Any other Romanzas planning a first outing?

Brian

Mike,

Thanks for your note, if you get a moment can you give us the info regarding getting any new boat measured, boat number allocation etc. How is the problem of not being able to have sails made until the boat is measured usually addressed etc.

Many Thanks

Brian

Hopefully this is a question that will be asked a few times in the near future as you are all busy building boats out there, there are some items and comments on the 6 metre website about this but, numbers come from the class registrar Bill Green, measurement by an accredited six metre measurer, I know that Henry Farley and Bill Green are measurers and to my shame do not know of any more, I am sure there is at least one in Scotland and would be suprised if there are nort more in the northwest of UK, the question of sails is a difficult one, if you have built to a design and have the boat at the correct weight and accurately built it is worth getting a working suit of sails for the measurement, if there are discrepancies these can be altered, remember you will not need a huge sail wardrobe, hopefully Bill Henry or another measurer will come up with a definitive answer, all my boats were already measured when I got them

Mike Ewart

• 2 weeks later...

All, Romanza No4 formally exists, (number GBR 1090 - Name 'Brio') herewith some pictures of her fresh off the plug. It was a bit of a grunt as the hull stuck in one tiny place but it finally came away clean. I used 1 layer of 200g eglass and a final layer of 200g carbon. Weight straight off the plug is a tad under 700g but I have to fill and polish the hull and intend to reinforce with carbon tape so my guess is the hull will be 900-1000g on completion. Thoughts turning to decklayout etc.

Really enjoyed the Peter's measurement blog, it will be interesting to see if any of these new models turn out just as Mr Bantock intended.

Brian

P1020019.JPG.40e70a7d5c7f33d7270aca9b8a8510de.JPG

P1020021.JPG.742eada8d6b67e5d5d06326396fbfd37.JPG