Sign in to follow this  
John Taylor

MYA Trade Show

To all concerned.

We look forward to chatting to those who wish to attend the Trade Show. A great opportunity for skippers, builders and enthusiasts to see just what is being produced by suppliers across the UK.

1FFCB230-63B6-42DC-8A98-FFC82D32A349.jpeg

Edited by John Taylor

Thanks to all those who attended the trade show, suppliers and members. If you have any ideas for 2020 trade show please post them here and we can work towards these.

I would like to pass on my thanks to the MYA, who organised the trade show this year at Datchet Sailing Club. The event was well attended by the suppliers, who took time out of their daily schedules to provide an opportunity to show off their products. Those people who went to the trade show would have gained an overall picture, of the products on offer across the UK and future projects soon to be launched. 

The most disappointing thing about the event was the lack of attendance by the MYA members themselves. With most of the membership concentration located to the south of the country, I would have expected more people taking time to visit us at Datchet. Additionally, the location of the show made it accessible to members located to the east of the UK.

I maybe wrong in saying this, but I am sure we are the only country that has an established MYA Trade Show, an opportunity for all sailors to meet and chat with the suppliers, who want to show off their latest creations. In my opinion this event is priceless and talking to a supplier is much better than looking at pictures on the internet. 

The MYA works hard to allow members the opportunities to be apart of the wider picture beyond our clubs. Therefore, to improve on this year, I would like to see more commitment from the membership, when it comes to attending such events like the Trade Show / AGM.

JT

Edited by John Taylor

John,  I traveled a round trip of 424 miles to attend the day & I thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

To those who had a journey of 1 hour or less & could have attended, you missed a great day.

Derek Priestley

President.