Sign in to follow this  
John Taylor

3D Printed Yachts

3D Printed Yacht Trials.
The weekend saw the launch of 3 prototype designs at Fleetwood. All the yachts have been created using the 3 digital printing technique, which is to date the cheapest and easiest way to trial new design and construction methods.

'Aero' (RG65) Designed by J. Taylor
This is the 3rd generation design produced and we hope to make this available in the new year. 'Aero' features a soft chine which runs along the length of the hull, but the transom's shape changes to a more rounded section. Much of the free-board of the hull is considerably reduced in comparison to my previous class designs, therefore 'Aero' has reduced hull wind resistance when sailing.

'Remix' (36 Class) Designed by J. Taylor
This design represents my entry into the class. After a successful trial 'Remix' will be made available very soon. The best feature of this design is that it can be used for both competitive radio and vane sailing. 'Remix' can be dual rated, by making the skeg and rudder removable when in the vane configuration, then by installing radio and a conventional rudder within the yacht, 'Remix' also becomes a competitive radio 36. I believe this is a cost effective and desirable option for all skippers.

'Seabird' (6m Class) Designed By D. Hollom.
Featured earlier this year 'Seabird' continues its trial successfully. Damian Ackroyd who built the prototype continues to research new construction ideas, which may be included within future moulded hulls. It is too early to predict when hulls will be made available, as the pandemic has slowed trialling 'Seabird'.

Aero (RG65) (2).JPG

Aero (RG65) (1).JPG

Aero (RG65) (3).JPG

Aero (RG65) (4).JPG

Remix (36 Class) (1).JPG

Remix (36 Class) (3).JPG

Remix (36 Class) (4).JPG

Seabird (6m).JPG