Rhu Radio Lasers 2020 - a members' discussion thread

As per title! A thread to discuss all matters pertaining to RC Laser sailing at Rhu - particularly weekly racing. Please post a reply here to confirm you can access the forum/thread. If it proves popular, we might approach the MYA Forum Moderator(s) to see if we can get our own sub-forum with future/additional threads therein so easier to locate - but not yet!

SaltIre (Douglas)

PS You need to register for the forum to post replies but it is straightforward. Click "Create a new account" below. Remember that anyone can read what you post - so avoid posting phone numbers, addresses and in particular e-mail addresses in public view. Your first few posts need approved, not by me by the Moderators, before they appear - so wait patiently.🙂

spacer.png

Edited by SaltIre
typo.... PS added

Alasdair Reynolds has kindly agreed to act as Officer-of-the-Day this Thursday. Racing will commence at 2pm if up to five participants, or at 1pm – 2.30pm then 3pm – 4.30pm in two groups if there are more than 5 participants.

If you wish to race on Thursday, please post your desire to do so here tomorrow – Wednesday. I will post the race schedule here before 10am on Thursday. When you have registered for the forum, if your Notification Settings are the same as mine (attached), you should receive a notification of each/every post made.

Please remember:

We must maintain social distancing – ideally 2 metres. Remember to bring your lifejacket and hand sanitiser – it is inevitable that we’ll have to touch the marina gate and the tap(s) should you wish to rinse your boat. Scottish Government Guidelines for COVID-19 state that anyone with:

·        continuous cough

·        fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)

·        loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)

…should self-isolate at home. So don’t go sailing!

If I've missed anything please do let me know!

Notification-Settings.jpg

Posted (edited)

The MYA guidance on the Resumption of Competitive Sailing is attached, and an extract from the current Scottish Government COVID-19 guidelines is below. Sailing at Rhu Radio Lasers needs to comply with both. Since we have a maximum of five people sailing during a session, it does.

spacer.png

How many people from other households can I meet outdoors?

From 10 July people can meet in groups of up to 15 people outdoors, from up to 5 different households, including your own household. We are still advising people to stick to 2 metre distancing from people in households other than your own. You should not meet with people from any more than 4 different households in total in any single day, whether indoors or outdoors. You must follow physical distancing guidance and hygiene rules.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/pages/seeing-friends-and-family/

MYA-Guidance-for-the-Resumption-of-Competitive-Sailing-Issue-V1-09.08.20.pdf

Edited by SaltIre
Posted (edited)

Racing today, Thursday 20th August, will be at 2pm. Participants: IainD, Alasdair (OOD), AlanD, John Mason. One more could be accommodated but you need to book by posting here - first come first served. Spectators are invited to do so from the pier - as long as racing isn't from there.

Alasdair will post here if there are any changes. Weather forecast is for 15knots from the south, with gusts of up to 30 knots. 

Edited by SaltIre
sp

Radio Laser sailing today starting at 2pm: I have rung the marina and spoke to Fiona - they have a concern about wind today. She checked and indicated we should be OK. If you look at the 'Windy' app which I think the marina use - you will see there are a range of wind strength predictions.  Best to bring C & D rigs I think. I will ask you to confirm best phone contact numbers when we meet for 'track & trace' purposes. Remember to bring your sanitiser and life-jacket.

Regards

Alasdair

Posted (edited)

Racing at Rhu on Thursday - starting 1pm or 2pm. Post here before Thursday if you want to sail.

Thanks.

Edit: Just to add that I'm counting myself in!🙂

Edited by SaltIre

Racing scheduled for 2pm at Rhu for up to 5 of us - forecast is for light NE wind and rain...

At present only Alan & I are registered. Post here if you want to come. Not sure where the marks are - Iain might have them. I will enquire.

On 27/08/2020 at 12:20, SaltIre said:

I aim to be at Rhu ~1.30pm, collecting the marks from Iain's en-route. If it is ****ing down I might stay in the car!

My radar forecast says rain at 1.30pm.    I will keep a lookout and keep in contact.    Mobile 07740580112  Cheers Alan

On 27/08/2020 at 12:20, SaltIre said:

I aim to be at Rhu ~1.30pm, collecting the marks from Iain's en-route. If it is ****ing down I might stay in the car!

Wow - a blast from the past!😀

Just turn up on a Thursday afternoon at either 1pm or 2pm - depending on number of participants. Remember your hand sanitiser and lifejacket... We are following the Scottish Goverment Guidance that individuals from up to 5 different households can meet outdoors. We haven't yet had more than 5 since we resumed racing, but if we did it would be 2 groups with Group A at 13.00 - 14.30 then Group B at 15.00 - 16.30.

I'm co-ordinating things on IainD's behalf and posting the start time on here by 10am Thursdays - so post before midnight if you plan to sail so that I know. You need to be an MYA member, to get 3rd Party Liability insurance, and let IainD have your details. I'll PM his mobile number and e-mail address to you, Mark.

Kind Regards,

Douglas