Sonamara for Sale***SOLD***

I am reluctantly selling Sonamara first registered in 1994, she was designed and built by CW Sykes she is a wooden planked  19.8kg  A class, still competitive in a blow but cannot really cope with the drifters.

Those who knew Mr Sykes are aware of the quality of his design and build, Sonamara is all wood and in good but not unmarked condition, I recently revarnished her but did not replace any planks etc so she still shows a few battle scars, she is complete with twin whirlwind winches and 2 A suits one lighter than the other and a B and a C suit, she has a carbon mast and a current certificate, I also have a twin throttle stick transmitter ( on 40 megs) I have been using a 2.4 ghz radio with mixing to drive the twin winches.

The only reason for selling is space I have 2 other  A class yachts with another on the way and feel it is time for someone else to have the pleasure of sailing Sonamara.

price wise I am looking for £700 .

A covid safe handover can be arranged, I am in the Milton Keynes area

WP_20140724_001.jpg

WP_20140722_002.jpg

WP_20140722_001.jpg

Mike Ewart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whoever is considering the purchase of "Sonamara" should be aware how lucky they will be!

She was the last A class boat built by renowned and many times gold medal winning designer & builder Bill Sykes of Bourneville.  Bill's vane A class designs won many A class Nationals in the 80's 90's & 00's and he built designed & built "Sonemara" for Peter Maskell (5 times Vane A class National Champion). The craftsmanship is beautiful.

Congratulations to whoever is the lucky new owner.

• 2 months later...