Sailing during Lockdown ?

We've been following the Scottish Government COVID-19 guidelines, resuming RC Laser racing in groups of up to 5 sailors (members of 5 households) suitably socially distanced from July or August and for the past couple of months match racing in pairs - members of two households. MYA guidance inevitably comes out some time after we've changed our own practice!

At present we have different tiers of protection which if you know where you live are quite clear.😷

Edited by SaltIre
On 09/11/2020 at 09:06, Guzzilazz said:

It's true that you cannot gather to race, but there is nothing to stop two individuals from meeting out doors for "recreation"

Except, when like us the water authority closes its waters to the launching of any craft

I quote from the circular issued by my club

The new national lockdown measures are clear that all leisure activities which take place on private land are to be closed. This encompasses all sailing activity, plus all non-essential site maintenance. You are not permitted to do any boat maintenance, nor to move your boats on or off the site. Here is a link to the RYA guidelines:

https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/new-n...

Jerry

On 12/11/2020 at 15:58, Darin Ballington said:

No Problem, there will be a further update on the Scottish district today/tomorrow.

Updated guidance was circulated to clubs in the MYA Scottish District on 9th November and the MYA website updated accordingly. The link to the Scottish and Northern Ireland information is found here.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine is in Greece right now, but the whole country is again in a lockdown like in March. Until the end of November at the beginning, but that should now have been extended again. Travel between regions are not possible and you may leave the house only for certain reasons. I would have liked to go with my friend in the beginning, but now I'm glad I didn't do it. Sailing during Corona times is then not as fun as it could be ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

It totally depends on where you live... I was very lucky to be able to spend the Holidays with my family in Austria, i got into the country quite early before all the borders closed, but have to stay here now for still a few weeks... Anyway over here it is allowed to do sports and recreation outdoors with the ones from your household or at maximum one other person. So my brother and I went for a very small race to the river near to us, what was great!