Futaba T6K exponential switch

• Administrator

Try the following.

Enter the menu and navigate to DR EXP (menu page 3)

The first setting is the channel setting and should be on channel 1 which is the one you want if your rudder is on the right hand stick.

Just below that setting it shows the switch position (SW:UP or SW:DOWN) This applies to switch D on the top right of the TX and depends which way it is switched. Move the switch to the desired position where you want the exponential to be on.

When that's done use the Jog key to move the selector down to EXP. You will then notice if you move the rudder stick each way it switches between the two EXP settings.

Hold the rudder stick to the full left position and press the + button and set it to about -50%, then hold the rudder stick to the full right position and press the + button to set the other side to -50%. You will see by doing this you change the curve and flatten it out in the middle which reduces the sensitivity around the center point and means you have to push the stick further for less movement.

Once done, if you put switch D in the other position it turns off the Expo. You can mess around with the curve and where you want to start it etc. 

If you want that to work on a different switch, use the jog key and navigate down to the bottom so SW - SWD is highlighted and with the + and - buttons you can change the switch.

• 1 month later...

As additional questions on the same controller.

1) How can you set up to change the close hauled end point by operating a switch, I have heard that you can set a low mode,   
normal and high mode by altering this end point.

2) is it possible to set the rudder control to have the same amount  but opposite offset for each tack plus a neutral position on a three way switch. This would allow a small amount of weather helm to be programmed in for upwind work plus neutral for downwind

I can't give you precise details as I don't have this transmitter but I can give you some ideas to research.

I don't know about 3 positions on the throttle but most helicopter settings have 2 using something called an 'idle up' switch.  This is for setting higher idle speed when using a collective pitch helicopter.  You should be able to program this to give a 'less sheeted in' position when the switch is operated.

Another (possibly better) way, which will also give you the rudder function, is to use another (unused) channel that is operated by a three position swtich (flap?).  If you then use one of the mixers to mix say 5% flap into throttle (or rudder) the switch will then give you -5, 0, +5 on the channel you are mixing into. (if you get the directions right).

There are basically two models for using all the swtiches on knobs on a transmitter.

1) Each switch and knob is permanently associated with a function e.g. the flap switch alters the output of the flap servo.  You then use the mixers and built in functions (e.g. V tail) to arrange for the switch / stick to affect other outputs.  Most simple transmitters work this way.

2) Multiplex and some other transmitters are more flexible in that, for each output channel, you can specify any number of switches / sticks that will affect the output and in what way.  You can spot these transmitters as the switches will be labelled things like 'two position switch' or 'three position switch' rather than 'idle up' or 'flap swtich' What they do depends upon how you program the transmitter.