Radio Sixes and Match racing

Mike & Bill,

I hope to re-insate match racing for sixes on a trial basis after our Sunday morning fleet racing days for sixes at Broads RYC, it can be a lot of fun and certainly helps remember the rules! I remember the many close races we used to have on boats that whatever their design pedigree are not too dissimilar in performance that close racing cannot be had by all.

Alan Bright

Hi Alan, great match racing certainly does tune up the rules knowledge, many years ago it was what we used to do on a regular basis, even swapping boats around it tunes up the boats and the Skippers, a word of warning though do read up on the match racing rules appendix it is a little different, it works but not quite straightforward as it seems at first, I would love to see a national match racing champion someday

Mike Ewart

Fleet racing, match racing or team racing it doesn't matter which. It is just great to see the interest in the R6M class. At the Broads RYC we have had a fleet of 'sixes' for many years, now we just need to persuade more people to travel to open events. Keep up the good work chaps.