Sign in to follow this  

Midlands District Championship 18/08/2016

Midlands District Championship 18/08/2016

Fellas,

A number of people have told me that there is a problem with Watermead. I have mailed the Watermead club, but I have no response as yet.

Our Club Secretary does not know either.

I have scanned high and low for information and even tried the MYA websites including the Midlands District website but I can find nothing.

Can anyone throw some light upon this.

* Is the event taking place

* Where is the event taking place

* Is the entry open yet

Many thanks

Dave

Dave

Check out the racing calendar on the main Web site and you will see this event is now on Saturday 17th Sept at Manor Park as all events at Watermead are cancelled because of the building work. (Don't think it is open to enter as yet)

Eric

Eric,

Thank you.

I looked at the MYA site on Sunday and I will swear that it stated Watermead and the entries were not open. I look now and the entries are open.

You clearly have seen the irony here.. I was at Manor Park on Sunday and the Club Secretary knew nothing of this apart from there being a possibility of this occurring and that nothing had been confirmed.

But such is the speed of information these days...

Again thank you

Dave

All

The IOM Midland District Championship is now going to be the 23rd October 2016, this is due to Manor Park having a Bart's Bash event on the original date

Cheers

Laurie

David,

Your club Secretary was informed of the Situation at Watermead in June. The district asked for a club to hold the event. This happened in July in a discussion with Manor Park at the final event of the summer series. Again in August, this was sent to all club secretaries with the notice for the District AGM.

Further discussions with a representative of Manor Park took place at the IOM Nationals and in the week that followed. It was discussed on holding the event on the 17th September due to Barts Bash. After a further discussion with some of the district members, all clubs were informed this week of the change of date to 23rd October. A note will be sent out to be put on the MYA website this weekend.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Chris

Thank you for the information, was most helpful even if it felt like I am being SCOLDED for daring to ASK THE QUESTION.

However as you may be aware I belong to 4 clubs.

Whilst we all HAVE BEEN AWARE of the difficulty in using Watermead since May :-

- As of Sunday 04-08 the MYA web site still showed Watermead. It changed to MPRSC somewhere between then and 06-08

- As of Sunday 04-08-2016 the MPRYC Secretary, Graham or Colin, did not know what the resolution was other than Manor Park could be used on the 17-09 Saturday

- Clearly LRYC Secretary also thought it was to take place on the 17-09 -( refer to posting Eric Finley 18-08-2016 )

I did not ask the Bourneville secretary, perhaps I should have.

The Midland District seems to be inactive and quite out of date. Forgive the question but is this not the place to post the Race Calendar , AGM stuff etc.

As you know I need to travel quite a lot on business and need to keep my calendar updated so Chris forgive men for trying to gain some clarity.

I guess the next challenge is to get some idea of the MD IOM Winter Calendar.

Again Thank YOU

Dave