How do I use my Gizmo ?

John Bennett

I have bought a secondhand Marblehead that came with a swing rig fitted with what appears to be a Sailsetc Gizmo. It is all fitted and working ...

However, I can't find any information online to do with how to set it up lakeside or what the benefits are meant to be.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful :)

• 2 months later...

John, A bit late, sorry, if you go to the Sailsetc site URL http://www.sailsetc2.com/store/index.php/download/

and look for: RP-14E M swing rig GIZMO plan

This gives you four pages of diagrams showing how the GIZMO is set up: it doesn't exactly explain how it works, but once you have put the various bits in place and strung it up correctly I guess experience of its use and, maybe, a knowledgeable club mate will eventually lead to 'cracking it'.

I don't have experience of it, my old No Secret swing rigs were much simpler devices. I have no connection with Sailsetc apart from being a customer.

Mike

Hi, thanks. It is all set up and working but it is the 'how to use it' that I'm missing. It looks like there is a Sailsetc doc on this too but it will not open. No one in our club uses one and I know some of the experts just lock it off with a tie wrap as they haven't got the hang of it either. If someone could just tell me if it is basically to be able to make everything tighter when beating OR is it to make everything looser when not sheeted fully in ? then I would be wiser. Cheers, John