Class Captain

This is an appeal to the 36 skippers that are in the Metro & Southern, Midlands, Eastern and Northern Districts. The post of Class Captain has not yet been filled, all the other classes have. Is there anyone out there amongst the 8 Clubs that sail the class who can do a relatively small amount of work for the class. The duties are not onerous and involve in working with myself to establish the dates and venues for the key events such as the National and the District events. If anyone feels that they can offer their services then please contact me. My contact details are in the Year book in several places such as Midland District Councillor, A and 6m class Registrar.

Bill Green

MYA Racing Sec

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This years National is at Hampton Court and I'm looking at 2015, I have one offer from Bournville to host it. Does any other Club want to give it a go? The consideration is to make it a 2 day event as at the moment it's just a single day. Has any body any thoughts or preferences?

• 6 months later...

I'm still looking for a Class Captain to take in this important role for this class of yachts. If anyone within the class who would want to consider the role please contact me and I can talk you through what is required. It's not onerous but it is important.

• 2 weeks later...

Alf Reynolds of the Chelmsford club has agreed to take on the role as Class Captain and I'd like to welcome him into post. I'm sure Alf will be a regular visitor to this page so please give him your support. This class is one of two that are wholly British and they are intriguing to sail and as someone once said everyone should have one as they are best sailing learning tool there is.