Sign in to follow this  
ianrmcdonald

For Sale Listings

I realise that admin are working hard, but can more be done to update the for sale section?

For every one person who takes the trouble to update their advert after sale or comp!etion,(well done Andy) , there must be three which are left without update after being sold

if the true number of boats actually available were listed, perhaps there would be more of a drive to chase boats out of the garage and available to others wanting to join rc?

Ian

Any advert is marked as sold/no longer needed is removed as soon as I see it (usually within a few days unless I'm away somewhere with no internet access) and this would be even easier if all advertisers did as asked and updated the topics rather than burying SOLD/found etc somewhere in the body of the Ad (really don't have time to keep reading every Ad every few days just in case). I have checked and in last year 150 + boats/other items have been marked as SOLD/found in this way

Also any Ad more then six months old is removed (Only 25 in last 12 months so not bad hit rate for selling and probably most of those were sold as well but just not informed).

So what else do you propose I do ?

nothing, and top marks for what you are doing!

my message was really to sellers, once you have sold the boat please update your advert to show its sold.

then us potential buyers can see what is really available

I tried to contact two owners of boats apparently still for sale, and unfortunately neither could even be bothered to reply, such a shame that they don't even update their advert.

my experience as well. I know Garry works really hard to try and avoid this, but if someone posts an advert and then is not available to answer questions then I see this as very rude to both the Mya and the website team

Is Email notification of a Private Message enabled by default? I can totally imagine people not thinking to come back and check for messages on here.

As Ian says I do try and keep the classifieds as up to date as practical.

Removing sold items as soon as I notice.

Which would be even quicker if people read the FAQ and added SOLD to the items TOPIC thus meaning I don't have to keep reading them to see if some one as added something to the body.

I also remove any advert more than 6 months old or there about as don't check every day.

I will also remove any advert if informed that someone has contacted seller and been informed already sold

So other than constantly trying to contact sellers not sure what else I can do ?

As far as I can establish email notifications of PM's is turned on by default when a user registers but when I get a few minutes I will check a bit further.

Garry

Hi Garry, just to let you know, the cockatoo that's advertised on here for sale, is now sold, as,said within its advert. Unfortunately not on the headline.