Sign in to follow this  
GaRRy

I would like to see...

Barrie

The RG65 class has signed the paperwork but I believe it will be discussed at the next council meeting where formal adoption is confirmed. Until then the web site admin has to follow the guidelines.

"May patience be with you"!

How about an introductions page? We now have 110 members but only 165 posts. There appears to be a reluctance for members to join in, is this because they know little about the people on the site, or perhaps feel they have nothing to contribute thinking that all the existing members are experienced skippers. Each of the posts seem to have plenty of views but few additional comments. We need to turn more of the guests viewing topics into members. (there always seems to be more guests than members online when I'm the site & I'm sure some of these have a lot to contribute)

If the site is to succeed in becoming the site of choice at least for UK based skippers we need to find a way of making it more active, any ideas?

Eric

How about an introductions page? We now have 110 members but only 165 posts. There appears to be a reluctance for members to join in, is this because they know little about the people on the site, or perhaps feel they have nothing to contribute thinking that all the existing members are experienced skippers. Each of the posts seem to have plenty of views but few additional comments. We need to turn more of the guests viewing topics into members. (there always seems to be more guests than members online when I'm the site & I'm sure some of these have a lot to contribute)

If the site is to succeed in becoming the site of choice at least for UK based skippers we need to find a way of making it more active, any ideas?

Eric

There will be a natural anticipation to the forum, once people get to know it's here, new and working there will be more input I hope.

Makes my job nice and easy as it is though! I just need to get rid of these pesky Russians who think it is a good idea to try to spam the site with registrations and waste my time in having to delete them and ban their ip's!

Admin

Would be nice if when you clicked the MYA flag on top bar if it redirected you back to the main MYA web site. I may be missing something but there does not appear at this time to be such a tab.

Eric

Taken a while but it now does this :)

anyone has any other ideas let me know

Can we have an option to create a POLL?

Thanks

John

This is possible. I will take it up with the powers that be to see if its our for me to enable them.

Garry

Make that "powers that be to see if it ok for me to enable them" :)

I have asked. So watch this space.

I think that the forum seems to e working quite well, the range of headings does seem to cover most things, possibly a section for unaffiliated classes, but keep up the great work

Mike Ewart

Can we have an option to create a POLL?

Thanks

John

John

Following approval II have enabled Polls on all forums where its seems logical to do so.

When you create a new topic you will see a new tab at the bottom called Poll creation.

If you click on that it should be fairly obvious what you need to do to create one.

If anyone notices I've missed a forum where they feel polls are valid then let me know and I will fix.

Garry