novice sailor

IOM Build

Hello

I am currently building a one meter Nylet spirit MK3, having built a Vic Smeed Gosling In ply and balsa, Fiberglass is a little new to me.

I have constructed a jig to hold the hull true. when I have the cross beams in and the fin box am I right in thinking that the deck can be fitted out of the jig

Any one any thoughts

If possible I'd leave the hull in the jig to fit the deck. The hull will twist a lot out of the jig.

Started out in 150ft schooner. Started out RC sailing with 30 year old IOM, then went to an ASBO, then DF65 X2, and now a new Sedici IOM. The Cotswold Model Yacht Club is a wonderful place to sail with friendly people and lively sailing.

Paul

Very many thanks for your comment I appreciate all the help I can get, I will have to modify the jig a little., if it would be possible could you send me your email address then I could send you some photos, I can't see how to attache photos on the forum pages, not being a completely in to computers

thanks again

Regards

Nick

Nicolas to attach pictures your post just click on the attachments tab below where you type (in the full editor not the quick reply). Should be fairly obvious from there on.

My email is Paul@pabarton.com

Started out in 150ft schooner. Started out RC sailing with 30 year old IOM, then went to an ASBO, then DF65 X2, and now a new Sedici IOM. The Cotswold Model Yacht Club is a wonderful place to sail with friendly people and lively sailing.

Hi Paul very many thanks for that if you have no objections then I will send some photos and information as to how far I have got with the build

Again very many thanks

Nick