Earlier in the year the MYA Council took the decision to hold this year’s AGM as a virtual meeting.
How the AGM will be run
The period up to the AGM date in November will be very much the same as in previous years. These are the exceptions:
1. The voting this year will be different. Club representatives will be asked to get votes from their members. In previous years Clubs have just given a block vote: “In Favour” or “Against” for the Motions and Nomination of Officers.
This year we are asking for numbers
Every Member will get one Vote
The voting forms will ask for:
“number of members in favour”,
“number of members against”
“number of members abstaining”.
We do not require names against the numbers.
We are asking that Club representatives keep a record of their Members’ votes, which in the event of any dispute could be requested by Council for verification.
2. All voting to be lodged seven days prior to the AGM as there will be no physical meeting
3. The two Scrutineers to oversee the voting results, will, on this occasion be our two Trustees, Mike Kemp and Vic Bellerson.
4. At a physical meeting, Members have the opportunity to ask questions of the Council. If you have any question/s, please pass on to your Club Representative, who should submit it/them to the Secretary to Council seven days prior to the AGM.
On the day of the AGM i.e. Saturday 28th November, a video will be released. This will have been recorded using Microsoft Teams.
- The results of all voting will be announced
- The newly elected Chair will then chair the meeting with his/her new Council.
- Your questions will be read out and answered by Council.
I hope that the above is all clear, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any Council Member.
Secretary to Council