It is with much regret that I have to announce that Vinnie Zammit has asked to step down from his position as the GBR National Class Secretary for the IOM International Class Association and from his position as Class Captain for the IOM Class in the UK
His decision is based on personal reasons that I fully understand. Vinnie has my support in making this decision
As our NCS he has represented us at IOMICA for almost a couple of years and has done a good job of keeping on top of IOMICA workings and their elections and decisions. As CC for IOM’s he has been very involved in the development of the National calendar that at times has been difficult but he persevered to reach a good conclusion
So, my thanks go to Vinnie for his time and effort that makes that sport of ours work so well.
My attention must now turn to his successor.
The role of IOMICA National Class Secretary for GBR is a MYA Council position with specific responsibility for any IOMICA issues and decisions.
• He/she also acts as webmaster for the IOM GBR website
• He/she will act as the Representative on the IOMICA World Council and will maintain the NCA membership list
• He/she will also be required to organise ballots of the UK membership and to relay the outcome of such ballots back to IOMICA as the GBR vote.
• Other duties will include producing the Annual Report required by IOMICA
• The Class Secretary will attend MYA Council meetings and speak on behalf of the IOM class therein.
I am asking for volunteers to take on this important position in support of our most popular class. Please make direct contact with myself as Chairman via email email@example.com
We have a volunteer for the Class Captain job and Bill Green as Racing Officer will make that announcement in due course
Full Downloadable version of this notice is available in the kb HERE we ask that all clubs make their members aware of this position availability.