The role of the MYA is;
- To encourage and promote model yachting in all its branches and to act as the national body for the organisation of the sport.
- To promote classes of yacht suitable for racing.
- To formulate and publish rules governing the measurement and rating of the national 36″ and 6 metre classes.
- To prepare and maintain registers for national and international classes of yacht owned by affiliated members.
- To fix venues and dates, and where appropriate to organise annual championships, other events and such international events as may from time to time be approved by Council.
- To enter competitors in international events.
- To consider initially any appeal referred to it by an affiliated member under the RRS, to ensure that it is in an appropriate form to be forwarded to the RYA, which is the formal appeals authority.
- To carry out the roles listed above it has a number of Rules and Regulations on the governance of the sport which form the MYA Constitution, click below to download this;
The MYA is affiliated to a number of organisations relating to the sport of sailing, click on the links below to find out more: